Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] New tshark stdin problems

From: BlackHawk <bhsoft@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:07:57 +0300
Hi,
I am using tshark to get packets from STDIN and write pdml output to STDOUT.
The command-line arguments are: -l -T pdml -i -

I wrote a python script (using popen2), and it worked in both Windows and Linux.
The script worked in version 0.99.6.

When I tryed to run the script using wireshark 1.00, it doesn't work - the script blocks while reading from STDOUT.
I found out that if I close STDIN file descriptor, then there is no blocking, and everything works normally (but, of course, only one packet because STDIN is closed).

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is there a known solution \ a suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance,

Omer