Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems building on Windows XP

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:49:03 +0200
L. Mark Pilant schrieb:
HI Ulf.

Do you have a adns.tmp dir in your WS sources?
Do you have a C:\wireshark-win32-libs\MSVC2003\adns?
Do you have C:\wireshark\adns.tmp\adns_win32\lib\adns_dll.dll?

The Wireshark directory and Wireshark-win32-libs directories, for this
test, were freshly created and thus empty.  I did a checkout (head
revision) from the Wireshark trunk to populate the new Wireshark
directory.  As I recall, there was no adns.tmp directory.

When the build does blow up, the .dll is present in the ...\lib\
directory as it is supposed to be.
I've tried to:

delete all folders in C:\wireshark-win32-libs
nmake -f Makfile.nmake distclean

So this machine should be clean, then:

nmake -f Makfile.nmake setup
nmake -f Makfile.nmake

and all build fine on my MSVC2005EE system.

To be honest, I have no clue what's going wrong on your machine, sorry.

Regards, ULFL