Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] mixed strdup() with g_free()

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 04:24:58 +0200
Hi!

In SVN25037 I've replaced some strdup() with calls to g_strdup(). If you want to free the allocated memory later with g_free(), this doesn't work (at least) on MSVC2005 builds! However, this is unclean and potentially dangerous on other systems as well - AFAIK GLib makes no guarantees what will happen.

I've fixed some obvious cases, but there are more strdup() calls in the code that are also potentially unsafe, how to continue here?

Regards, ULFL