Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GTK1: code cleanup status and some open points

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:03:22 -0400
Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:33:03AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Lot's of stuff already done for the GTK1 cleanup, but we could still need a helping hand ...

OPEN:

gtk/STATUS.gtk2: very old content (remove items marked as "Done" - or remove the whole file?)

Let's just get rid of that old file :).

The most commonly used macros need to change as follows:

OBJECT_SET_DATA(widget, key, data);
  to: g_object_set_data(G_OBJECT(widget), key, data);
    Done !!

OBJECT_GET_DATA(widget, key);
  to: g_object_get_data(G_OBJECT(widget), key);
    Done !!

SIGNAL_CONNECT(widget, name, callback, arg);
  to: g_signal_connect(widget, name, G_CALLBACK(callback), arg);
    (depending on the type of arg, it may need to be cast to a gpointer)

Indeed:). I think the next step is to get rid of GTK1 features that have been deprecated in GTK2, such as the CList (which should be possible for all instances except the packet list). Of course, this will take plenty of work to port the code to the new APIs.