Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Triggers

From: Loris Degioanni <loris.degioanni@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:34:52 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
 Windows does not implement it as  does not even have selectable fds or
 at least the one select() in winsock does not work on FDs so for
 WinPcap another approach should be taken (Gianluca?)

I *should* be possible to get the handles for the capture streams with pcap_getevent(), and WaitForMultipleEvents().

I don't know whether that works with AirPcap adapters, however.

Yes, it should. PacketGetReadEvent() in packet.dll returns the read event exported by the Airpcap driver. As an alternative, you can use pcap_get_airpcap_handle() and then AirpcapGetReadEvent().

Loris