Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Triggers

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:51:57 -0400
Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
 Windows does not implement it as  does not even have selectable fds or
 at least the one select() in winsock does not work on FDs so for
 WinPcap another approach should be taken (Gianluca?)

No idea.

 I did not notice the load-peak while playing with it but I believe I
 should have felt it in my very slow PPC mac...  do pcap_dispatch works
 differently in linux and bsds? (Guy?)

I didn't feel it either (good scheduler?). If you have gkrellm or other system monitor running, it's plain as day, though.

Any thoughts on the script running bits?

thx,

Jason.