Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] GTK1: code cleanup status and some open points

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 01:33:03 +0200
Hi!

Lot's of stuff already done for the GTK1 cleanup, but we could still need a helping hand ...

DONE:

reduced #if GTK_MAJOR_VERSION to two appearances where they make sense, e.g. removed GTK1 specific code and where necessary replaced this #if by GTK_CHECK_VERSION (example: gtk_file_chooser is available since GTK2.4), similiar applies to GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION

user/developer guide: updated

Win32 build / install process: cleaned up

OPEN:

Unix build process: finished?

gtk/STATUS.gtk2: very old content (remove items marked as "Done" - or remove the whole file?)

gtk/uat_gui.c: I've removed the GTK1 specific code, but as the file contained an ugly hack "#undef GTK_MAJOR_VERSION", the functionality in this file may not work as expected / at all

compat_macros.h: GTK1 specific code removed, but a lot more cleanup needed (macro removal throughout the gtk code is now possible) - Stephen Fisher seems to be working on this

Some places left where gtk1 still explicitly mentioned (maybe someone with an idea what this is for can cleanup the comments/code?): For example: I don't understand some gtk1 code comments about the multithreading stuff in gtk/main.c

However, seems we're making good progress on this whole topic, and some gtk files already look *a lot* nicer ...

Regards, ULFL