Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Should we get rid of gtk/compat_macros.h?

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 23:35:56 -0600
Should we get rid of gtk/compat_macros.h now that we have dropped GTK1
support?  It seems that its purpose was to create wrapper functions such
as SIGNAL_CONNECT() around both the GTK1 gtk_signal_connect() and the
GTK2 g_signal_connect(), depending on the GTK version that was being
used.

I prefer to use the gtk/glib function names themselves so I know what is
really happening.  I've run into instances in the past where I have to
jump back and forth between code and compat_macros.h to see what
function is really being called by the macros.

Steve