Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] SVN 24839 build failures

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:49:11 -0400
The wimax plugin fails to compile on Windows (XP, 32-bit) because of the following:

msg_sbc.c
msg_sbc.c(525) : error C2491: 'tfs_yes_no' : definition of dllimport data not allowed
msg_sbc.c(567) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
msg_sbc.c(567) : warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'const void *' differs in levels of indirection from 'const int '

The attached patch resolves the problem by renaming tfs_yes_no to simply yes_no and it also removes the #ifdef _WIN32 ... #endif wrapper around it.

However, there are 8 unresolved externals that show up later on - all with respect to the recent GTK changes - nothing to do with the wimax plugin.  I haven't bothered reporting these problems since I know at least a few developers are still in the middle of making changes, and I figured one or more buildbots would complain anyway, but the buildbots don't seem to be complaining, so here are the unresolved externals I'm seeing (duplicates not listed):

Linking wireshark.exe
libui.lib(print_prefs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_connect
libui.lib(capture_prefs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_type_check_object_cast
libui.lib(menu.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _eo_http_cb
libui.lib(airpcap_gui_utils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_handler_unblock_by_func
libui.lib(airpcap_gui_utils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_handler_block_by_func
libui.lib(sctp_assoc_analyse.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_button_box_set_spacing
libui.lib(scsi_stat.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_menu_append
wireshark.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Hmm, that's only 7 unique errors.  Not sure why 8 are reported, but I can't find any others?  Oh well.
- Chris