Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 24770: /trunk/packaging/ /trunk/pack

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:59:53 -0600
On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:05:07PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:

> We have indeed decided to drop GTK1 support*.

Yay!  Time to start ripping out GTK1 code all over the place :).  That
will be a huge project in and of itself.

> *This is a nice way of saying "no one in either session objected, and
> Gerald decided on behalf of everyone who wasn't there. Wasn't that
> nice of him?"

Fine with me - I've never liked supporting GTK1 and, in fact, I write
most new GUI features only for GTK2 anyway.  The only downside is that
we put so much time into supporting both in the past.

FYI to everyone: Nasty #if statements such as #if (GTK_MAJOR_VERSION ==
2 && GTK_MINOR_VERSION >= 9) || GTK_MAJOR_VERSION > 2 can be replaced with
#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(x,y,z) when needed to only compile that code for a
minimum GTK version (such as when a feature was introduced in 2.4.0 or
2.6.0).

Steve