Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error in FAQ File

From: "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 18:58:08 +0200
Hi,

Normally we would request you to open a bug at bugs.wireshark.org but I
don't think Gerald does mind.

Thanx,
Jaap

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Volker Sonnak
Sent: 2008-Apr-02 21:46
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Error in FAQ File

Hello,

as I couldn't find an email adress for a simple error-report I used the
developers list - please, don't be too angry at me if that went out to a
great number of persons.

In the FAQ, Q 1.14, I found a little spelling error: "CaputrePrivileges"
instead of "CapturePrivileges" (please see below).
This is not too serious, but anyone searching for "capture" or
"captureprivileges" won't find that spot.

Kind regards (and thanks for all your work on "Wireshark"),

Volker Sonnak

Q 1.14: Does Wireshark work on Windows Vista?
A: Yes, but if you want to capture packets as a normal user, you must make
sure npf.sys is loaded. Wireshark's installer enables this by default. This
is not a concern if you run Wireshark as Administrator, but this is
discouraged. See the CaputrePrivileges page on the wiki for more details.