Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin Makefile failure

From: "Bob Pultorak" <pultorak@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:38:11 -0500
I have added a few custom plugins to the new release (1.0.0).  I was able to successfully compile the code before adding anything.
I followed the DEVELOPER.plugins file for instruction how to add a new plugin correctly.  I updated all the necessary files, ran autogen.sh and configure.  When compiling my plugins I get the following error:

Makefile:763: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces?).  Stop.

If I go into the makefile it corresponds to this line:
        @if test -n "$(PYTHON)"; then \

if I change the spaces to a tab, it just changes the error to another line, it takes over 20 replacements like this to successfully compile.  I have done a diff between my makefile and agentx's makefile and the only difference is the name of my plugin.  I would like to fix the root of the problem rather then hand editing the Makefile any time I run the configure script.

Thanks,
Bob