Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libwireshark documentation?

From: "Sébastien Tandel" <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:23:13 -0800

On 4/1/08, Eloy Paris <peloy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 06:34:45PM +0200, Sébastien Tandel wrote:

>   If you have the source code, you should notice the doc directory in
> which stands several readme's describing the API.

I did notice the doc/ directory and the various README files.

However, the documentation in the doc/ directory is written for
dissector writers, not for people writing applications that use
libwireshark services. Check by yourself by grepping for some
important API function calls (for an application developer) like
epan_dissect_new(), epan_dissect_run(), epan_dissect_free(), etc. Very
little of what is there is useful for someone writing an application
that uses libwireshark.

Indeed, there is none but you're welcome to participate to the project by documenting it.

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel