Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on a Windows XP VMware?

From: Raymond Jender <rayj00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:23:22 -0800 (PST)
Are there any known issues when running Wireshark on
a Windows XP VMware Guest?

I am running Ubuntu 6.10 host. I have Wireshark
0.99.6a installed on a Windows XP VMware Guest.

I also have Wireshark on the host Ubuntu. If I ping a
device on the network from the VMware Wireshark, I can
see the ICMP on both Wiresharks. If I ping the same
device from the Ubuntu Wireshark, I can only see the
packets on the Ubuntu Wireshark. I never see TCP
traffic on the VMware Wireshark but I do on the Ubuntu
Wireshark. This is not an IP assignment issue on the
Ubuntu and VMware interfaces.

Thanks,

Ray

Be a better friend, newshound, and