Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 23560: /trunk/ /trunk/doc/: wireshar

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:05:29 +0100
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:45:10PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Sake Blok schrieb:
> > Yes it is, it makes sense to me to be able to clear previously used
> > temporary coloring after closing a file and before loading a new one.
> >
> > Of course I could make "File - Close" clear these coloring rules, but
> > then again, maybe someone likes to keep them for the next file in the
> > analysis proces.
>
> I guess we need some experience with this feature to get a good idea
> what should really happen here.

Feel free to play around with it ;-)

> > An enhancement would be to make it grey out when there are actually
> > no temporary coloring rules active.
>
> Yes, that would make perfectly sense ;-)

OK, I will have a look at implementing it...

> >> Now I know what I don't like about the "Reset Coloring". It's too
> >> unspecific what it will to - will it reset the "Coloring Rules" as well?
> >> What about "Reset Conversation Coloring"?
> >>
> > It's not only conversation coloring, it's also "Coloring with filter".
>
> Huh, what's that?

For example, right-click the icmp dentifier in the packet-details pane
and find out that you can easily colorize one ping session amongst
others ;-)

> > Maybe "Reset coloring filters 1-10" or "Reset temporary coloring"?
> >
> > Isn't "<alt>-space" reserved for showing the windows own dialog?
> > "<ctrl>-space" seems to be handled differently by every application.
>
> You're right, it's "<alt>-space" - too many "shift like" keys for this
> tiny little mind here ;-)

You don't want to know how many mouse-buttons you can get on a mouse these
days ;-)

Cheers,
    Sake