Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WdpPack version?

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:46:07 -0800
As a matter of fact, there's not much difference between the 3.1 devpack and the 4.0.2 one (some typos here and there, fixes to the samples, but the include and lib files have not been changed that much).

If you are planning to migrate to a new WinPcap devpack, I suggest you to try the devpack for 4.1beta2. I've been working a lot in cleaning up the devpack, removing files that shouldn't have been there (including licensing issues). And I'd like to have feedback on that. I can tell you for sure that the new devpack breaks the wireshark compilation (I've tried it myself a month ago), mainly due to the definition of all the structures related to 802.11 that been redefined in the wireshark sources, but I don't know what is the best way to fix those things.

Have a nice day
GV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>