Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Trouble adding an ASN.1 based dissector

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:13:01 +0100
Hi,
We need Tomas to take a look at:
simpleTextFirstCharacter UniversalString ::= {0, 0, 0, 0}

On the wiki there is some info on how to use asn2wrs
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Asn2wrs?highlight=%28asn2wrs%29

For PER dissectors change in makefile.common to:
A2W_FLAGS= -X -T

As a temp fix to get asn2wrs to proceed try:

--simpleTextFirstCharacter UniversalString ::= {0, 0, 0, 0}

--simpleTextLastCharacter UniversalString ::= {0, 0, 0, 255}

SimpleTextString ::=
  BMPString
--(SIZE (0..255))
--    (FROM (simpleTextFirstCharacter..simpleTextLastCharacter))
Regards
Anders
P.S Untested