Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Conversation filters

From: Andy Lawman <ALawman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:44:31 +0000

Try somthing along the lines of ip.src="" and ip.dst=ADDR2 and tcp.srcport==PORT1 and tcp.dstport==PORT2.

So not a bug.

Andy.

"Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
bcc
Subject
[Wireshark-dev] Conversation filters

"Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Please respond to : Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
21/11/2007 17:11

If I filter conversation from the context menu or the Conversations dialog it crates filter in following way (or similar):
ip.addr==ADDR1 and ip.addr=ADDR2 and tcp.port==PORT1 and tcp.port==PORT2

Unfortunaty it matches to two TCP streams ADDR1:PORT1<->ADDR2:PORT2 and ADDR1:PORT2<->ADDR2:PORT1
and if I have both of them in one file it is not easy to filter them from conversations menu.

Was it an intention or is it a bug?

If it is a bug what another filter style should we generate?

Regards,
 Tomas