Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] asn2wrs - BER and AUTOMATIC TAGS question

From: "Martin Peylo" <martinmeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:16:51 +0100
Hi,

I have to create a dissector for a (not that well designed)
proprietary ASN.1 defined protocol. It uses BER for encoding.

It is defined with "AUTOMATIC TAGS" which means that the components of
all constructed types (e.g. SEQUENCEs) are automatically tagged as
CONTEXT-SPECIFIC starting from 0 and increment by one at each
successive component.

When I use my newly created plugin on traces, Wireshark complains e.g.
that it finds 0x80 (first context-specific component) instead of 0x02
(UNIVERSAL INTEGER).

Now my question:
Is there any switch I have to use to dissect this kind of encoding or
is it just not possible so far? The example I found on
<http://wiki.wireshark.org/FooPage> also uses "AUTOMATIC TAGS".

Best regards,
Martin