Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems when changing a dissector preference

From: "Stig Bjørlykke" <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:42:12 +0100
2007/11/20, Didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>:
> Can you share a small capture?

http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dmp-examples.pcap.gz

Add port 24209 in the preferences.

> If register_init_routine() is called I don't see how flags.visited could be
> false. cf file.c rescan_packets()

My problem is smaler, actually.  When rescanning, the first package is
dissected 3 times in dmp, the first time with visited true, second
with visited false, and third visited true.

This first dissection (in dmp) with visited true happens before
rescan_packets(), and then before visited is set to false.  A comment
in prefs_main_apply_all() indicates that gui_prefs_apply() could cause
redissection.

Is it correct to pass a packet to a dissector the very first time with
visited set to true?

--
Stig Bjørlykke