Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wish: Mark/Find the element matching the display filter

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:05:35 +0100
On 19. nov.. 2007, at 23.58, Guy Harris wrote:

That does raise an interesting question - if a pattern matches *more
than one* field in a packet, should "find next" find the next instance
that matches, even if it's in the same packet, or should it find the
packet, search subsequent packets? There are probably places where the
former is useful and places where the latter is useful.

The current implementation of the search does only find the first instance in a packet. In my scenario I have alot of elements in each packet, with many matching the search criteria. I would really like to find each of them when performing a search.

--
Stig Bjørlykke