Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wish: Mark/Find the element matching the display filter

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:58:35 +0100
On 19. nov.. 2007, at 23.53, Stephen Fisher wrote:

My bad, it does work as I had intended.  It highlights the field (with
the function highlight_field()) whenever you do a hex or string search,
but not when you do a filter search.

I find this working with hex search, and string search in packet bytes.
It does not work with string search in packet details.

Should we add filter search matches too?

I'll vote for yes :)  I think they should work as equal as possible.
And maybe an easy way to search for the currently used display filter?

--
Stig Bjørlykke