Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Windows installer: not installing SNMP MIBs yields startup error

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:14:50 -0500

Hi list,

I tend not to install the SNMP MIBs (on my Windows PC), probably because I noticed a long time ago that loading them during Wireshark startup took a non-zero amount of time and I never use them.

Recently I started upgrading to the latest SVN versions on my PC because I needed some of the fixes but now whenever I start Wireshark I get an error box that says:

The following errors were found while loading the MIBS:
-:0 1 module-not-found failed to locate MIB module `IP-MIB'
-:0 1 module-not-found failed to locate MIB module `IF-MIB'
-:0 1 module-not-found failed to locate MIB module `TCP-MIB'

which is of course expected except, well, it shouldn't be an error in my case.

Should we just take out the error? That makes some sense except that we wouldn't have known about the SNMP portion of bug 1827 so soon (and other similar problems?).

What else could/should we do?

-J