Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector for OID:2.6.0.2.5 not implemented. Contact Etheral

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:35:08 +0100
John,

> I'm responding to this request in my trace file.

As Anders points out, the OID is id-as-mrse - which is just one of the
abstract syntaxes of the X.400 P7 message store access application context.
Your trace file is probably also telling you that the following are not
implemented:

id-as-ms   (2.6.0.2.9) (bind/unbind)
id-as-mase (2.6.0.2.6) (message administration - register/change
credentials)
id-as-msse (2.6.0.2.1) (message/probe submission and cancel deferred
delivery)

> Is this all I have to or do I also have to supply the appropriate
> Dissector? ;-)

If you can supply a trace (with as many of the P7 operations your client can
generate), we can certainly look at it for you. And if you also have a P3
trace, it would be sensible to do that at the same time.

Equally, we would be more than happy to support you if you do want to write
the dissector yourself.

Graeme