Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] what are the steps needed to add a plugin

From: "yin sun" <sunyin51@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:05:30 -0500
If you have many plugins to develop, you can create your own Makefile
to do everything you need in one file.
The steps can be automated with shell scripts, and they are only
necessary if you want to blend in your build into the whole wireshark
building process.
That means you don't need to build wireshark first then build your
plugin (But it is a good practice to make sure the environment is
setup right through building the whole program).

Usually, if you have your first plugin built, you can use the Makefile
under plugins/<your_pliguin_name>/Makefile, replace the plugin_name
into other name you want to create. This may same your some minutes.

thanks,
/Yin