Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.7 release?

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:33:50 +0100
Chris,

> Speaking of documentation ... there's an additional plugin required for the NSIS installer
> so the Portable Apps version of Wireshark can be built.  Not sure if that's been
> documented anywhere?

It is currently only in the readme in the portableapps packaging
directory. I am currently looking to see if I really need this plugin.

Did you manage to build/install/use the Portable Wireshark successfully?

> For that matter, not sure if the Portable Apps capability has been documented anywhere?

No - not yet. I wanted to get some feedback from the Portable Apps
guys on my initial attempt first. However, in the meantime I can
produce a Wiki page for it - and further down the line we can announce
it as "experimental", much like the U3 packaging.

Graeme