Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Missing Interface Name on Windows Vista for wireshark

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:32:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I intend to use Wireshark to capture packets on a network interface that is basically a USB connected mobile device, the latter acts as a modem. The Operating System I am using is Windows Vista.

When I open the Wireshark Capture option it does not list the network interface connected to the Mobile device and hence I cannot capture any packets on that specific interface.

When I do an ipconfig –a option on the Command prompt I can see a IP address allocated to my workstation with some other requisite entries. I can even browse through on the web whilst connected through the modem..

Can someone suggest a way in which I can see the network Interface in my capture Screen of wireshark on Windows Vista?

Has anyone else encountered this problem earlier or have I missed out on anything?

This problem definitely does not arise when using Wireshark on Windows XP.
I have encountered this problem using 2 different mobile devices Samsung and Nokia.

Regards,
Sameer