Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New dissector proposed: WakeOnLAN

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:33:10 -0700
On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:12:10PM -0400, Maynard, Chris wrote:

> I'm submitting a new dissector for consideration in being included
> with Wireshark.  It is for the WakeOnLAN.  I compiled and tested it on
> both Windows XP and Fedora Core 6 running Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.

I have committed your new dissector as SVN revision 23371.  I added
entries to epan/etypes.h and epan/dissectors/packet-ethertype.c for Wake
on LAN and used the #define from the first file instead of 0x0842 in the
actual dissector file.  The visible part of these changes allows the
Ethertype to show a value of "Wake on LAN" in the Ethernet dissector.

Thanks for your contribution!  I meant to make a Wake on LAN dissector a
while back, but never got around to it :).

> I added a wiki page for it already and included a sample capture file
> as well (See http://wiki.wireshark.org/WakeOnLAN).

Looks great.  Thanks!

Steve