Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug 1964 Status

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:41:50 +0100
On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:11:30PM +0530, Harmeet Sawhney wrote:

> I had created a bug (ID: 1964) to support MGCP over TCP with ASCII TPKT
> header. I had also proposed a patch for the bug for release 0.99.7, but I
> have not recevied any feedback on the patch. Please let me know if the
> patch is going to be incorporated in future releases of wirehark.

Harmeet, for your patch to be looked at, it needs to be visible. There are
two things you have done that make it invisible to the rest of the world:

1) You assigend the bug to yourself, which results in the fact that no
   updates are sent to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (where the developers get
   to know about bugs and their progress). Normally this would be
   picked up, by looking at the "Open bug" list, but...

2) you seemed to have closed the bug by giving it the status "Resolved".
   This is not correct as the patch has not yet been incorporated into
   Wireshark.

I have reopened the bug to make it visible again.

Cheers,

Sake