Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Solaris buildbot failing tests

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:26:35 -0700
The Solaris buildbot is failing the tests that are run after
compilation:

2.4.1 Step: Invalid permissions for TShark parameter -D, exit status must be 2
"Invalid permissions for TShark parameter -D, exit status must be 2" Failed!
exit status: 0

This test is in ~/tests/suite-clopts.sh.  It makes sure tshark options
-D and -L fail on non-Windows systems when "running as a normal user."

The problem with this test is that some systems have permissions set to
allow regular users to list the interfaces (-D) / link-types (-L) such
as on my MacOS X box, where my user can read /dev/bpf* (this step fails
for me also).  I assume that there is a similar setup on the Solaris
buildbot causing this test to fail (and the options to succeed since
exit status is 0).

Do we really need these two tests?  The results vary based on how each
system is set up.

Steve