Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Issue with Wireshark on Windows Vista

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:21:22 -0400
chetan jha wrote:
...it is not showing me any interfaces in my interface list

From http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200706/msg00113.html

You need to run wireshark with elevated privileges. Please try starting wireshark by right-clicking on the wireshark link and choosing "run as administrator". This is a side effect of user account control (UAC) introduced in Vista. Even if you are logged in as an administrator, you do not have full privileges, you need to "elevate" your credentials to have full privileges needed to run wireshark (or better, to use winpcap which is part of wireshark).