Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Errors in linking

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:38:21 +0100
Jakub Botwicz wrote:
> During compilation of Wireshark 0.99.6 under VC6 I've received
> following message:
>
> Linking wireshark.exe
> 	link @C:\DOCUME~1\JAKUBB~1\USTAWI~1\Temp\nma03504.
> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> libui.lib(font_utils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__GetTextMetricsW@8

Something is broken in your build environment.  Can you give us more
details of your OS etc.  Has it ever compiled for you before?  If this
is your first attempt have you followed the tool setup guidelines in the
developers guide *to the letter*.

GetTextMetricsW is a unicode function in gdi32.lib.  Either your build
environment is broken so badly that gdi32.lib isn't on the link path, or
you're trying to do something odd on a non-unicode win32, e.g. 9x.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice