Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] BER ASN1 generated dissectors update?

From: "Anders Broman" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:21:46 +0200

>Just to be clear, could you give an example of the type of
"workarounds" that can be removed from each of these two >locations?

For the -T option an example from SNMP:
--- snip ---
#.FN_BODY PDUs/get-request
 gint8 class;
 gboolean pc, ind_field;
 gint32 tag;
 guint32 len1;

 if(!implicit_tag){
   /* XXX  asn2wrs can not yet handle tagged assignment yes so this
    * XXX is some conformance file magic to work around that bug
    */
    offset = get_ber_identifier(tvb, offset, &class, &pc, &tag);
    offset = get_ber_length(tvb, offset, &len1, &ind_field);
 }
--- snip ---
For the ambitious looking at DAP there is commented ASN1 code, this code
*should* work uncommented now...
The EXTERNAL type should also be handled by asn2wrs now (may require
some hand coding).
Regards
Anders