Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Winpcap-users] Problems with the modified wpcap.dll in Wire

From: "Varuna De Silva" <varunax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:17:11 +0530
Hello,
Thanks for the reply,

> The function is implemented in Packet.dll, the sources are in \winpcap\Packetntx\dll\packet32.cpp
It's my understanding that you implemented support for your card directly in wpcap.dll. If so, the p->adapter field is a NULL/bogus pointer, so there Packet API will receive a NULL/bogus pointer!

Yes we did it that way, But when I went to compile the packet.dll from the project packetntx\dll\project
I get certain errors. Can anyone please figure out what was my problem, I had the build configuration
set to Debug_log_to_file and did no change to the code. and I am on windows xp running visual studio
2005.

I suspect this is due to some settings mismatch.

Kind regards

Varuna