Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] colorizing sFlow

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:08:00 +0200
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 12:44:39PM -0700, Andrew Feren wrote:

> A couple of clarifications
>
> First a bit about sFlow.  sFlow is a flow monitoring protocol sort of like
> NetFlow.  The difference (for this discussion) is that NetFlow pulls info
> from packet headers and puts it into NetFlow defined fields.  sFlow in sample
> mode selects a sample of headers from various conversations and bundles them
> into a single packet like this
>
> [IP [UDP|TCP [ sflow headers [header samp1][header samp2]...[header sampN]]]]

Ah, that does indeed put another light on dissecting, filtering and
coloring sFlow. I expected it to have only one header in it's payload :-)

Are you able to share a small capture file with some sFlow packets
with multiple headers as payload? I'm interested to have a look at
it to see what I would find useful...

Cheers,

Sake