Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.6 build problems on Windows

Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:47:27 -0500
For what it's worth? I just finished building Wireshark from 99.6 after
performing the following (per Developers Guide):

1. MSVC v6 was installed with default setup. Installed a couple years
ago.

Performed today!!!

2. Install CYGWIN (just the tools specified in Dev Guide.)
3. Unzip 99.6 tarball to wireshark-0.99.6 directory (path contained in
archive)
	- modified config.nmake so that wireshark_libs = o:\, instead of
c:\
4. Create DOS window with clean environment (created via batch file),
minimizes environment issues.
5. performed dist_clean (nmake -f Makefile.nmake dist_clean)
6. performed setup (nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup)
7. perform make (nmake -f Makefile.nmake) SUCCESS!!!