Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] About a faster wireshark

From: "Didier" <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 02:04:42 +0200
Hi
Some time ago I did work on a faster wireshark and it could be useful to others.

Is it ok if I upload the diff (~ 250 KB) in the wiki?

Notes:
- gtk1 and gtk2 but it's glibc and gcc only (easy to change).
- It was for running on G4 Macs ie a not registers starved CPU with rather
slow memory.
- A lot of stuff is broken (capture, some gsm tap...)
- Many dirty and quick hacks...

I can also post some of them to bugzilla but the small ones won't improve
wireshark speed that much.

For us (mostly lan traffic) loading a file is roughly twice as fast and
filtering between 3 and 40 times faster.

Didier