Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Packets are filtered and dissected but ethertypeunknown?

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 17:15:55 +0200

Hi,

I’ve done it for you see

http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-commits/200710/msg00041.html

Best regards

Anders

Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För keith mercer
Skickat: den 7 oktober 2007 15:12
Till: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] Packets are filtered and dissected but ethertypeunknown?

I have recently completed a plugin for CFM (802.1ag) and the only bug left I am trying to fix before I submit my code is that for some odd reason Wireshark is still reporting that the ethertype is unknown even though the packets are filtered and dissected properly.  See example in the picture I have linked to below:

I have registered the protocol so I am not sure what else I am missing.  I have checked the source for other plugins and I think I am doing everything.  What procedure call do I need to make to fix this?

Thanks,

Keith Mercer