Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with the newly modified and compiled wpcap.dll

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:20:13 -0700

On Sep 29, 2007, at 2:06 AM, Varuna De Silva wrote:

In capture->interfaces list displays my device along with the others,
but in the "packets" and "packets/s" column, for all the interfaces listed it shows some very high "unrealistic " values such as 277314 for packets
and extremely high value for packets/s.

Have you implemented an xxx_stats routine that returns the correct packet counts?

And when I press the start button, the program, Hangs up.

Perhaps your xxx_read routine is blocked waiting for a 3968-byte buffer full of data to arrive, even though some data has arrived? See my mail to tcpdump-workers on that.