Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] mikey decryption

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:12:05 +0200
Just remember that under the GPL if you distribute a modified version
you must distribute the source. And the GPL does not allow you to
distribute a GPLd program (like wireshark) linking against non open
libraries (except the OS runtime).

Before working on code you will not be able to distribute legally
think about it. You might prefer to extend a commercial protocol
analyzer, one for which you can legally distribute a plugin that links
to a proprietary library.

BTW I am not a lawyer, you should consult a copyright lawyer before
distributing in these conditions.