Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] mikey decryption

From: "Filippo Margiotta" <filippo.margiotta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:45:38 +0200
Hi to all the WireShark developer guru.

I am working on the MIKEY dissector and I will add some feature to decipher the encrypted data.
This feature should be not public.

What is a possible solution to implement this feature ?

I was thinking to create a dll with a function like decipher_this_packet_and_give_me_the_result,
and leave the dll empty, or with an error code result like "deciphering not available".

Then, the owners of the decipher algorithm, can copy their dll in the wireshark folder, and the deciphering will work.

What do you think ?
It is a good solution in order to follow proprietary requirement and in order to following the opensource philosophy ?

Thanks in advance,
Filippo