Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture->Interface shows incorrect statistics

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:55:02 +0200
Den 30. aug. 2007 kl. 19.43 skrev Guy Harris:

So the unusual case is Linux systems with

	a 2.4 or later kernel and libpcap was built on a system with a newer
kernel (and glibc?) so that it tries to fetch statistics from the kernel

and

	libpcap 0.7[.x] and 0.8[.x]

where code that assumes that statistics fetched from libpcap are
cumulative (which they are supposed to be!) will break.

Sounds to me like a job for configure to figure out?

I know that at least Ubuntu 7.04 defaults to install libpcap0.7, but also has a package named libpcap0.8 which in reality is libpcap 0.9.5. A bit confusing...

I suppose my patch in revision 22755 will work in most cases.

--
Stig Bjørlykke