Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture->Interface shows incorrect statistics

From: "Fulko Hew" <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:35:16 -0400

On 8/30/07, Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2007/8/30, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I was looking at the results from the Capture->Interface statistics display
>  and the information I get from _my_ embedded system, and I thought
>  I had an error, but I don't think I do...

Strange.  I was just looking at this code earlier today to figure out
the same problem, and when I look closer to this it seems like you are
right.  At least if the comments are correct.

But when testing on a older linux machine with svn 21019 it seems to
work correctly.  Hmmm, maybe we both have the unix version of libpcap
with the same error as winpcap?

The error _is_ in the ifdef, looking at that code... the ifdef polarity does not match
the polarity in the comments, but the comments _do_ match the
polarity of the libpcap.

So I say the comments are right, and libpcap is right.