Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win32 buildbot unhappy

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:28:19 -0400
Bill Meier wrote:

The specific problem: dumpcap calls capture_loop_start (in capture_loop.c) which
calls capture_opts_log (in capture_opts.c) which then passes a null pointer to
glog (for iface_descr); glog then causes dumpcap to die ....

A very quick look suggested I'd need to take a deeper look to determine a fix so
I decided I better leave this to you...

I've now submitted a fix wherein capture_opts_log()
uses a dummy string if iface_descr is NULL when calling glog.

This fixes the dumpcap crash in my Windows environment thus allowing the
capture tests to run successfully again.