Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Conflicting defines in packet-dcerpc-winreg.h and winnt.h

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 02:16:22 -0700
Maynard, Chris wrote:

While compiling recently after a distclean on Windows XP, I noticed
the following compiler "notes". Perhaps the conflicting defines in
packet-dceprc-winreg.h should be renamed?

Or #undeffed. The collision is probably due to the Microsoft APIs in question using the names (and whatever headers we include on Windows dragging in the headers that declare those APIs), as well as the IDL definition of the RPCs to implement those API's over the wire using the names, and that file is generated from an IDL file, so changing the name means hand-editing the code after it's been generated or changing the names in the IDL (and the IDLs come from Samba, so we'd have to get them to change the IDL file).