Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] --with-net-snmp adds addtional options to CFLAGS: Issue if u

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:40:29 -0700
Bill Meier wrote:

I got into this because 'CFLAGS="-g -O0" ./configure' didn't do what I wanted. It turns out that 'net-snmp-config --cflags' brings in -O2 thus cauing the -O0 to be overridden.

Some configure scripts for packages have the annoying habit of supplying flags that happened to be used when the package was built, not just the minimum set of flags needed to compile an application with the package. I think I've seen that from other packages.