Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] When will Wireshark 0.99.7 become a stable release

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:49:59 +0200
You can point out to those bureaucrats that even a Wireshark official
releases is in fact officially beta (that's what the 0 means in
0.x.y). And that the concept of release in many cases has nothing to
do with quality (e.g. there's going to be significantly less bugs in
any given snapshot of OpenBSD than in any given official Windows
release).

As for when I believe we released less than 2 months ago so I think
another release now makes little sense.

My personal choice would be to wait for a while before forking. I
personally have to finish the work on SNMP/SMI and fix a bug I
recently found is the SCCP call handling, I'd like to use that for
TCAP as well and have TCAP (with GSMMAP and INAP) in the VoIP calls
before the next release. But... I do not dictate the schedule.