Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Help needed in Signal handling to roll-over in ethereal

From: "Purandhar Krishnamurthy" <purandhar.krishnamurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:45:32 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

   I am trying to roll-over the logs when I send a signal from another
process to ethereal (which is capturing on live). Scenario is same as
that of "Use Multiple Files" capture option, in which it can
change/roll-over the capture file when the size/time duration  has
achieved. I am trying to do the same stuff by sending a signal (SIGIO
or SIGUSR2) to ethereal.

  I tried to capture this SIGIO/SIGUSR2 signal in "capture_sync.c" in
function "sync_pipe_input_cb()" using the following command

  "signal(SIGIO, temp_func());"

But things are not happening as desired. "temp_func()" is called every
time when a packet is captured and when no signal (SIGIO) is sent to
ethereal.

Can anyone pls tell me why this is happening?
The file on which I look to capture the signal is right or not?
Is there any other way in ethereal that I could hanlde this issue?

note: I am using ethereal-0.10.14 as per my clients requirement.

Thanks in advance,
Purandhar