Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add additional SNMP MIBs to the Wireshark distribution?

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:49:53 -0700

LEO> Does libsmi it load these MIBs anyway?

LEO> It is OK 4 me if libsmi it rants... I think it has to. It's not OK if
LEO> it fails to load them.

libsmi will fail to load them for things it considers errors and not warnings.
Note that the MIBs distributed with libsmi have all been fixed so they
will load, so if you're only talking about MIBs they distribute then
there isn't an issue anyway.

However, if you're talking about MIBs distributed by some company then
you'd have to take that on a case-by-case basis.