Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] automated test and build error

From: "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:26:11 +0300
Hi,

I am trying to collect information and write articles about
Quality Assurance and Automated Testing in Open Source Projects
http://www.szabgab.com/blog/2007/07/1183825266.html

I thought to see how things at  Wireshark are done as it has both
networking part and GUI part which makes it very interesting to test.
Besides, I use it occasionally.

===========
Side track
I tried to build wireshark after checking out from SVN.

Both  autogen.sh and configure seemed to report success but then
make - after some work - failed with:

   Neither lex nor flex was found

After installing flex and running configure again, make now goes on...

configure might need to stop and report error if neither of those are found
===========

So I noticed you are using BuildBot
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChIntroAutomated.html
http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/
but I did not see any way to join the build farm.
Does that mean you are not interested in more slaves ?
If so, I'd be glad to know why?

regards
    Gabor

--